Thursday, July 18, 2013

Visual Comparison Between Stickles & Zig Wink of Stella

If you are a follower of my blog you know I am obsessed with the Zig Stella pens. I was asked by my sister in law Jen to make some bumble bees for a baby shower this weekend. I had her pick out the bumble bee from my cricut carts. She chose the Walk In My Garden Page 112 Bee. We did it in the 5.0 Aa (standard). I also asked her if she wanted it with some glitter and of course she said YES!

Yellow is Core'dinations Distress Scattered Straw

Black is CTMH Item #1386

Body on Wings

Stripes

ALL Assembled
 
Gun Metal Stickles I outlined all the black
 

Yellow Stickles I only outlined the outside not touching the black.

Close up of Finished Stickles 
This is the Zig pens close up where we used 010 GL Black to color in all of the black and 050 GL Yellow to outline the yellow.
 
Comparison between the two 
 Now you see the difference. Let me tell you the other differences.
 
The Stickles gives it more dimension (DUH) but the dry time is a bit annoying. Also it can warp the paper due to the liquid. The Zig pens dry time is very minimal. By the time you are half way through the next one the first one is dry. There was no warping of the paper. The Zig is more subtle where the Stickles really stands out.
 
So I think it depends what look you are going for as well as your dry time to pick what you are wanting and willing to wait for.

No comments:

Post a Comment