Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bee Bee Baby Shower!

My sister in law Jen's friends are all getting married and having babies! Jenny Lynn finished with #3 and her friends are working on their #1! So it is fun to have babies born again. I have known the Soon to be Mom since she was about 14 years old. I was so happy to learn she was having a little one. 

The sex of the baby was revealed at the shower. So everything was gender neutral. I decided to make her a hand made blanket in warm sage green that would work for either a boy or a girl. I roll them so you can see both sides of the blanket. I suggest for the no sew blankets for a crib size to make it a 1 yard. It is perfect size.


Tied off with a beautiful silk peach ribbon
  Then I wanted to make a cute bee using the Cricut Birthday Bash.  I am sorry. I forgot to look at the dimensions that I used. The yellow of the Bumble Bee is Cordinations as well as the blue of the wings. The Black is CTMH as well as the bag is from Chantilly.

 
 
 
The Blue on the left is the backside traced with CTMH #Z2411 Pacifica Light. Loved the look when I flipped it over.
 
 
 
Hated the glitter pink pen on this. Ended up switching it up to a Copic pen in a lighter color. You will see on the end result.
 
 
 
The Honey Comb backround is with CTMH Honey Cardstock with Champagne ink over the embossing from the mini pigment pad sets from CTMH Item #Z2503. With the mini sets you get 10 qty pads in the sets for $19.95.
 
You can see I popped up the bee with Adhesive Springs that make them wobble! They are also CTMH Item #Z1725. You get 6 qty for $2.95. They are great cause they are tiny and not bulky like other ones on the market. No trimming necessary to try to get it to not be seen. Just peel and stick!
 
Glittered the words, boots and antenna.
 
 
 Hope that Billie loves her Bee Bee Card!

No comments:

Post a Comment